This delicious and perfectly moist carrot cake is plant-based, gluten-free, packed with flavor and easy to make!
Is so good no one will ever guess that it’s special-diet friendly. Trust us, we served it to our non-vegan and non-gluten-free boyfriends and they absolutely loved it.. SCORE! ⠀
Carrots contain lots of beta-carotene which is a powerful antioxidant and so good for us.⠀
Plus they provide the cake with moisture, sweetness and an amazing orange colour.⠀
DRY INGREDIENTS: ⠀
1 cup (160 g) rice flour (sub spelt flour or regular plain flour for non gf option) ⠀
1/2 cup (50 g) cornstarch flour (sub tapioca flour or arrowroot flour)⠀
1/4 cup (33 g) coconut flour⠀
1/2 cup (45 g) almond flour ⠀
1 1/2 tsp baking powder⠀
1/2 tsp baking soda ⠀
2 tsp of cinnamon⠀
1/2 tsp of ground ginger⠀
2 1/2 cups (375 g) finely grated carrots
1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk canned
1/3 cup (110 g) maple syrup⠀
2 tbsp (28 g) coconut oil melted (sub olive oil or any vegetable oil)
2 chia eggs (2 tbsp ground chia seeds + 6 tbsp water-or regular eggs for non vegans)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract⠀
1/3 cup (70 g) icing sugar (sub Erythritol or Xylitol)⠀
1 1/2 tbsp (21 g) plant-based milk canned🥛⠀
2 1/2 tsp lime juice or lemon juice🍋
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with a little oil/vegan butter. 👩🏼🍳Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing big bowl and stir until there are no lumps.⠀
- Add the wet ingredients (except the grated carrots) to the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk.
- Add the carrots to the bowl and stir with a spatula until the mixture is combined. Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until inserting a knife into the center of the cake, comes out clean. Let it cool.
- To make the icing, mix all icing ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk. Smooth the icing on the cake, decorate with chopped nuts. Enjoy!