Today we’ll make your dreams come true.. a vegan chocolate ice cream that is only 4 ingredients, ridiculously creamy, chocolatey, rich, requires NO ICE CREAM MAKER and can’t be more easy to make!
Besides it is NO soy / NO gluten / NO dairy / NO eggs..
Even non-vegans friends have chosen it beyond a regular store bought ice cream.. I It is that good!
Ice cream is definitely one of our favourite things in the whole world, so finding this recipe from @minimalistbaker has been like a real treasure.. she has been one of our maximum inspirations on our journey of creating Bake eat easy.⠀
WHAT YOU NEED (FOR 6 SERVINGS) ⠀⠀
1 400-ml can coconut cream chilled overnight in the fridge ⠀
4 heaped tbsp cacao powder ⠀
200g pitted dates (around 10)⠀
1 tsp vanilla extract⠀
60 ml almond milk ⠀
Toppings: cacao nibs and maple syrup.⠀
WHAT YOU DO
1. Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.⠀
2. Meanwhile, add pitted dates to a food processor or high-speed blender (if not sticky and moist enough, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain) and process until small bits remain. Then add hot water a little at a time until it forms a thick paste. Set aside.⠀
3. Scoop out the coconut cream from the can reserving the water for other uses. Place in chilled mixing bowl.⠀
4. Using a mixer, whip until creamy and smooth. Then add cocoa powder, vanilla, almond milk, and the date paste and whip until fully incorporated.⠀
5. Taste and adjust flavours as needed and transfer to a parchment-lined freezer-safe container and cover with plastic wrap, then aluminium foil to help freeze.⠀
6. Freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight for a firmer ice cream.⠀
7. Set out for at least 20 minutes prior to scooping, and use a scoop warmed under hot water for a proper scoop.⠀
8. Will keep in the freezer for up to one week.