FOR THE DOUGH:
100 g of butter
200 g (2 cups) of flour
Pinch of salt ⠀
FOR THE FILLING:
1 can of condensed milk ( Recipe in previous posts -#caramelbee) ⠀
FOR THE TOPPING:
150g (1 1/2cup) shredded coconut
230g (1 cup) of sugar
Walnuts (optional) ⠀
WHAT YOU DO ⠀ ⠀
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Place the flour in a big bowl and add a pinch of salt, the butter melted and one egg and mix with your hands until you have a uniform dough.
3. Cover the dough with a cling wrap and take to the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Now with your hands stretch the dough in a cake pan until the whole surface is covered. (There is no need to grease the pan as the dough already has butter).
5. Place in the oven for 5 mins until the dough is golden.
6. Meanwhile we will get the topping ready by mixing in a bowl the coconut, sugar and the ground walnuts. Then add a beaten egg and mix with a spoon until everything is well integrated.
7. With a wet spoon, spread the caramel #caramelbee all over our already roasted dough.
8. Gently place the topping over the caramel.
9. Place the cake in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden.