Would you like to know how to make the best focaccia?... KEEP READING ⠀
Focaccia is an Italian yeast bread that can be part of a meal, an appetizer, a soup dipper, the crust of a sandwich or you can easily change it into a focaccia pizza by adding some shredded cheese, garlic, tomatoes and caramelised onion..
We got such an easy recipe for you guys, perfect for beginners, it takes minimal effort and less than 10-minutes of hands-on time. And thanks to the ingredients, it’s also naturally vegan ♡︎.⠀
This delicious olive & Rosemary Focaccia is so flavorful, crisp on the outside and perfectly soft and chewy on the inside.
LET'S MAKE FOCACCIA!!..
INGREDIENTS (FOR 4 SERVINGS) ⠀
520 g of self raising flour ⠀
1 tbsp sugar⠀
1.5 tsp dried yeast⠀
300 ml warm water⠀
5 tbsp olive oil ⠀
100 g pitted olives (whole or cut in half)⠀
1. Combine flour, sugar, yeast and 1 tsp salt in a mixing bowl. ⠀
2. Add 300ml warm water and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Mix to form a dough, then transfer to a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.⠀
3. Transfer dough to a lightly-oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Rest for 1-2 hours until doubled in size. ⠀
4. Grease a tray, add the dough, flatten and stretch it out to the corners. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes⠀
5. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F)⠀
6. Dig your finger into the dough to create holes 2-3cm apart. Push the olives to the bottom of the holes and then push most of the rosemary leaves into the dough. Add the remaining rosemary leaves to a bowl with 2 tbsp of olive oil and brush over the dough and sprinkle with sea salt.⠀
7. Bake for around 20 minutes. ⠀
8. Cut and serve warm. The focaccia is definitely best served the day it’s made. However, you can keep it in the freezer for about a month wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil. Enjoy!⠀