Looking for a fantastic quinoa patty that will satisfy vegans, vegetarians and carnivores too? Look no further than our vegan quinoa burger!
LET´S DO THEM!
INGREDIENTS (FOR 8 BURGERS)
1 cup of quinua (we used the tricolor one but the white one its also fine)
2 cups of water (to boil the quinoa)
1 medium size carrot
1 medium size onion
1 medium size zucchini
1 small capsicum or half of a medium size one
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of chickpea flour preferably or any flour of choice *
water (amount needed)
Salt and pepper to taste
Spices to taste: turmeric, smoked paprika,dried onion, garlic powder (optional)
* We use it as a binder so that the burgers do not fall apart when we assemble them, the quantity is variable and by eye. You can add more if the mixture is not malleable. ⠀
1. Rinse the quinoa: Pour the quinoa into a double mesh strainer and rinse under running water for at least 30 seconds. Drain well.
2. Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat a bit to maintain a gentle simmer and add salt, pepper, turmeric, smoked paprika, dried onion flakes and garlic powder. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 10 to 20 minutes. Set aside.
3. Heat a frying pan over a medium low heat and 2 tsp olive oil and add the onion and garlic cloves first until soft. Then add zucchini, capsicum, carrot and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and place in a large bowl together with the cooked quinoa and mix well.
4. Add a bit of water to your chickpea flour and stir, then add to your mixture and integrate well.
5. Form the mixture into patties and place them for a few minutes in the fridge.
6. You can either fry, grill or cook them in the oven until golden.
7. Enjoy them with your favorite burger buns and toppings or along with the salad of your choice!